On day-2 of Rahul Gandhi ED questioning, extra detentions, protests: 10 points
National Herald Case: Sonia Gandhi might be puzzled on June 23. The BJP has slammed the Congress amid demonstrations.
Rahul Gandhi left for day 2 of thinking via the Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday in the National Herald corruption case as more leaders had been detained near the party headquarters amid tight protection. On Monday, Delhi saw high political drama and protests within the streets with many pinnacle Congress leaders among the ones detained. Former union minister P Chidambaram had alleged high-handedness inside the midst of action via law enforcement officials and stated he had suffered a hairline fracture. Meanwhile, the BJP hit out on the grand old celebration for “celebrating corruption” inside the shape of demonstrations. Several different elements within the u . S . Noticed similar dramatic scenes and demonstrations.
Here are ten points on the National Herald case questioning and Congress protests:
1. Rahul Gandhi, the previous Congress leader, was questioned for nearly 9 hours on Monday and left the probe employer workplace overdue at night time. On Tuesday morning, he became seen leaving for the probe agency ‘s office with sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra.
2. Many pinnacle Congress leaders – which includes spokesperson Randeep Surjewala – who had been detained in distinct components of the town have been launched shortly after. Congress chief Harish Rawat said the party’s protest will hold on Tuesday. “We’ll continue this combat the following day as nicely. The conflict of Congress birthday celebration will keep till they (Central executive) attempt to suppress the voice of Rahul Gandhi & our birthday party,” he turned into quoted as pronouncing by means of information organisation ANI.
Three. In a tweet, celebration spokesperson Surjewala slammed the Modi government. “Thousands of Congress people are locked in one of a kind police stations of Delhi for more than 10 hours. No FIR, no crime, no offense. The Modi authorities has become a ache point for the u . S .. Won’t surrender, may not prevent,” he wrote in Hindi.
Four. The Congress’s “Satyagraha protest” – towards what it claimed the alleged misuse of the probe agencies by using the centre – started early on Monday. Sloganeering, demonstrations, posters, air balloons were seen at birthday celebration headquarters and other elements of the countrywide capital.
Five. Twenty-six MPs, five MLAs and greater than 450 employees of the party have been detained inside the countrywide capital, the Delhi Police said in a declaration, news employer PTI stated. It had in advance said that the birthday party become advised to visit the long-lasting protest website – the Jantar Mantar – for large gatherings.
6. The Delhi Police also refuted claims of accidents to leaders and birthday celebration employees at some stage in protests. However, it additionally assured motion if the sort of incidents have been confirmed.
7. The leaders of the BJP ripped into the grand old birthday party. “The impasse that Congress leaders and people are doing nowadays on the call of Rahul Gandhi, I would like to inform the u . S . That this isn’t an try to keep democracy, however an try and guard the property of the Gandhi family,” Smriti Irani said.
Eight. “The world is seeing how even corruption could have ‘Satyagraha’. Mahatma Gandhi taught the sector to combat for reality at the same time as Congress is teaching world to rejoice corruption & fight for it. Gandhis are out on bail, it is not a political case,” BJP’s Sambit Patra said.
9. The Gandhis – accused of misappropriation of funds – had secured separate bails from the courtroom in 2015 after they provided private bonds of ₹50,000 in the National Herald case.
10. The probe is related to alleged economic irregularities in the birthday celebration-promoted Young Indian that owns the National Herald newspaper, published via the Associated Journals Limited (AJL).